You can find literally tens of thousands of applications in the iPhone App Store at the moment and by all means their number is growing every day. Of course, this information is great for all the clients who are constantly seeking for interesting and useful apps, but when it comes to the iPhone app developers these figures make the niche very hard for optimization.
To be completely honest many of these apps tend to be of lower quality than they are expected to be. And before you say that this is good news, because the high-quality apps will be easier to sell, think about how difficult it will be for an app developer to be noticed in this huge competition. When it comes to selling an application to your target clients it’s all about SEO techniques.
The general idea of the so-called App Store SEO is to help you make your apps more visible to your potential buyers within the App Store. Statistics show that most of the App Store customers search for apps by entering the name of the app they are interested into buying. That’s why it’s crucial to try and think like them when choosing the most appropriate keywords for your App Store SEO campaign. After you have successfully created your list of appropriate keywords it is time to start the real optimization for the selected keywords. Let’s create a short list with hints which will guide you through the whole SEO process.
The next 10 tips are simple, but very efficient SEO techniques, which will help you to achieve better positions and visibility for your App Store apps.
1. Basic keywords research – based on your own common sense this step represents the very beginning of the SEO campaign . Just choose some of the keywords that you believe will attract most attention and interest. Make a longer list at first;
2. Analize and compare the words from the initial keyword list and fither the ones that will get you most visitors and traffic. Use the free Google Keyword Tool, which will help you to reach your final decision. Also, it’s a good idea to use the data from the App Store’s auto-suggest feature;
3. Don’t use the name of your App Store app or the name of your company as a keyword. You will have only 100 characters available, so you have to use them wisely;
4. The best decision for you will be to use your best keywords in the name of your App Store apps. Also, put the keywords in the beginning of your app title because this will boost your relevancy;
5. Always separate your App Store keywords with commas and leave 1 symbol space after each comma. The same thing is valid for the descriptions of your apps, but don’t repeat your keywords too many times as this will be considered a spam technique;
6. If you have developed a multi-lingual app you should localize your keywords;
7. It’s useless to spend time on writing text reviews. It’s better to write SEO optimized titles and descriptions;
8. Finally, it’s a good idea to put a number in the beginning of your app, because in this way it will be placed among the first items in the App Store.
Well, that’s all for now. We hope this article about App Store SEO will help you in your everyday work and will bring you more traffic and clients.